RN PRN, Registered Nurse- Emergency Room
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
Registered Nurse (RN)
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Westover H-31600
11212 State Highway 151
San Antonio, TX 78251
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN PRN, Registered Nurse- Emergency Room Job in San Antonio
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with active RN Texas licensure.
- All newly licensed RNs with less than 6 months' experience must participate in the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Residency Program. An individualized learning plan will be developed through completion of the Performance Gap Analysis and competency completion will be documented through the program's tracking software.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- Registered Nurse with valid Texas License
- BLS Certification required; ACLS certification highly desired/recommended. Current specialty certification as required.
- Must have working knowledge of the nursing process as well as in depth knowledge of therapeutic, physical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and developmental needs for a select category of patients.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
D. Additional requirements for RN staff:
- Current PALS and/or ENPC certification or completion by the end of the orientation period.
- Current ACLS certification or completion by the end of the orientation period.
- Current TNCC or completion within 12 months of hire and maintain certification thereafter.
- Yearly attendance at Annual Nursing Competency Day.
- Completion of all annual competency verification requirements.
- Crisis Intervention training within 12 months of hire and maintain training annually thereafter.
- Completion of an evidence based triage curriculum within:
- 6 months of hire for new graduate or inexperienced RNs (less than 1 year of nursing experience).
- 3 months of hire for experienced RNs (more than 1 year of nursing experience).
F. New hires are precepted by a staff member and initial on-boarding requirements are validated through successful completion of the designated organizational entry competency validation, any assigned coursework from the post-PBDS education, and an Emergency Department-specific competency validation.