8AM - 5PM
RN Patient Navigator - Breast Center
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center Longview
700 East Marshall Avenue
Longview, TX 75601
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN Patient Navigator - Breast Center Job in Longview
As a member of the DSRIP project, the Patient Navigator will be assigned to a clinical area to ensure that special populations have access to primary care services. The Patient Navigator assumes responsibility and accountability for the management of resources through interdisciplinary collaboration to achieve optimal patient outcomes. The Navigator coordinates research data, community physicians, and Good Shepherd resources into a seamless model of access and care benefitting patients, participating physicians, and family members.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing, health studies, social work, or related field is required
- Advanced degree preferred.
- 3 years of experience in discharge planning and/or case management required.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of self or others.
- Ability to comply with all Good Shepherd policies and procedures that are job-related and consistent with business necessity.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients and provide competent care as appropriate to the ages of patients served by this position.
- Computer literacy is desired.