Winnsboro Med/Surg unit is a 25 bed unit that takes care of a diverse patient population. We specialize in in-patient, surgical, swing bed, and hospice care. In addition, we provide care for outpatient surgeries and infusions. Our length of stay for inpatients is usually 2-4 days, for swing bed patients the length of stay ranges from 6-14 days. Our unit allows a nurse to broaden their knowledge, and sharpen their critical thinking skills, while being part of a great team that feels like family.
- Nursing process which includes assessment of patients, planning patient care, implementation, basic RN skills, unit specific skills, patient teaching and evaluation.
- Medication Administration: administers medication correctly including calculations of dosages, verifies correct patient, drug, dose, and correct line and is able to verbalize basic understanding of drug actions.
- Proficiency and productivity: must be able to adjust to varying workloads, cleans work area, organizes work and complete assignments during shift.
- Safety issues: adheres to all safety / legal requirements established by this facility.
- Professional growth and development: attends all mandatory hospital and departmental in-services. Acquires and maintains current knowledge in nursing practice.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. Minimum requirement is an Associate Degree in Nursing; Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Must be licensed as Registered Nurse with the State of Texas
- CPR Certification through the American Heart Associate or American Red Cross
- Experience as a Registered Nurse in an acute care setting is preferred
- ***New Grads welcome to apply***
CYNTHIA MARIE LEONARD
- License Type: REGISTERED NURSE
- Resides in: PITTSBURG TX 75686
- Issued on: 6/23/2016
- Licensure Status: CURRENT - 2/29/2020
- Compact License: YES
- Current Disciplinary Action: NONE