RN- Med Surg E
CHRISTUS Central Louisiana/St. Frances Cabrini
Registered Nurse (RN)
CHRISTUS St Frances Cabrini-40100
3330 Masonic Dr
Alexandria, LA 71301
The NICU Registered Nurse has the responsibility and accountability for assessing patient/family health problems and resources, taking a leadership role in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the nursing plan of care provided by the nursing team. Providing technical nursing care and interventions to a designated patient populations.
Per the Departments Scope of Practice, this position requires providing services to Neonatal Patients, age's birth to 3 months in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individuals served. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini Hospital. It is expected that the associate demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The associate shall support the CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini's strategic plan and the goals and direction of their Performance Improvement Plan (PIP)
Action Oriented -- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
Collaborate -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
5. DEVELOPS, IMPLEMENTS AND EVALUATES A NURSING PLAN OF CARE FOR THE
PATIENT OR FAMILY.
* Develops and implements the plan of care based on assessment findings.
* Establishes the plan of care within time frame specific to assigned Department/Unit.
* Re-evaluates and modifies the plan of care, based on the patient's response to the interventions.
* Communicates the plan of care to members of the nursing team.
* Involves the patient/family in developing the plan of care.
* Demonstrates sound clinical judgment in decision-making regarding patient care.
6. INCORPORATES THE PLAN FOR NURSING CARE INTO THE MULTIDISCIPLINARY CARE AND MANAGEMENT OF THE PATIENT/FAMILY.
7. ASSURES THE RIGHTS OF THE PATIENT/FAMILY ARE RESPECTED AND MAINTAINED.
8. DEMONSTRATES THE ABILITY TO SAFELY AND COMPETENTLY ADMINISTER MEDICATIONS, INTRAVENOUS THERAPY AND BASIC FLUID MANAGEMENT.
9. DEMONSTRATES KNOWLEDGE OF UNIT SPECIFIC POLICIES AND PROCEDURES AND THE ABILITY TO SAFELY AND COMPETENTLY USE UNIT SPECIFIC PATIENT CARE EQUIPMENT IN THE DELIVERY OF QUALITY PATIENT CARE.
JOB ACTIVITIES & PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION OF JOB:Posture Max. Hours per day: 0 2 4 6 8 Other Standing 12
Other ______________Motion Max. Hours per day: 0 2 4 6 8 Other Walking 12
Climbing Stairs/Ladders ______________
Overhead reaching 12
Wrist flexion/extension 12
Other ______________Lift/Carry Max. Hours per day: 0 2 4 6 8 Other Perform any lifting/carrying ________ Lift/Carry objects more than 50 lbs. per day as needed
Vision acuity at least 20/40 (near and far)
Hearing acuity at least conversational
Ability to speak and understand English (language)TRAVEL
No Travel applicable
Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land or air.
Occasional overnight travel (up to 20%) by land or air.
Moderate overnight travel (up to 30%) by land or air.
Heavy overnight travel (up to 50%) by land or air.
Extensive overnight travel (over 50%) by land or air.
This is a staff position and does not directly supervise other Associates
Manager of Women's, NICU and Pediatrics
Associate Signature Date
Supervisor's Signature Date