The primary role of this position is to function in the circulating and/ or scrub role in the operating room. The Perioperative Nurse is the Registered Nurse who, using the nursing process, designs, coordinates, and delivers care to meet the identified needs of patients undergoing operative procedure. The Perioperative Nurse assess, diagnose, plans, intervenes, and evaluates the outcomes of the surgical intervention. The RN addresses the physiological, psychological, sociocultural, and spiritual responses of the individual undergoing a surgical procedure. The RN supervises ancillary personal involved in the care of the surgical patient.
- Graduated from an Accredited School of Nursing
- Texas RN license
- 1-2 years experience in OR would be considered
- Skills competency assess upon employment
- Complete competency on equipment utilize in OR in 6 months or orientation
- Must have circulating experience.