RN Internal Travel
CHRISTUS Southwestern Louisiana
CHRISTUS Ochsner St Patrick Hospital
524 Dr Michael DeBakey Drive
Lake Charles, LA 70601
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN Internal Travel Job in Lake Charles
The Registered Nurse Mobility is a travel nurse. The nurse is expected to accept eighteen (12) week travel assignments to any CHRISTUS Health facility within the United States. During the 12 week assignment the Nurse is responsible for patient assessment, patient care planning, and provision of quality nursing care to an assigned group of patients for a defined work period. Provides direction and supervision to LVN/LPNs, nursing assistants, unit secretaries and other clinical/clerical associates. By assignment, may function as charge nurse for the unit. Involves provision of patient care/service to older adolescent, young adult, adult, and geriatric patients.
Patient Care Planning
- Develops comprehensive nursing care plan which addresses all significant needs and problems identified through nursing assessment
- Prepares nursing elements of the interdisciplinary care plan prior to the initial team conference
- Reviews and updates nursing care plan and collaborates with team members as changes occur.
- Implements patient care as planned in nursing care plan and interdisciplinary care plan.
- Sets priorities based on knowledge of patient acuity and patient needs.
- Provides safe and therapeutic care and seeks resources when appropriate.
- Safely performs and accurately documents procedures, consistent with established nursing policy and procedure.
- Evaluates patient response to interventions and attainment of goals in collaboration with interdisciplinary team
- Evaluates progress toward nursing goals and revises goals as needed on a weekly basis.
- Completes nursing progress note for assigned patients on a daily basis.
- Completes nursing flow sheets for assigned patients on a daily basis.
- Evaluates education needs of patient and significant others and documents their response to teaching.
- Utilizes, adapts, and revises teaching resources to meet patient education needs
- Explains procedures, tests, and disease process to patients and families as needed.
- Acts as role model for health care students and other team members.
- Acts as preceptor to assigned orienteers.
- Assists in orientation of new staff by sharing knowledge and experience.
- Reports and documents accurately and concisely to appropriate persons the patient's condition.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Applies basic verbal and nonverbal skills to maintain open, effective communication among care team members, patients, and significant others.
- Encourages direct discussion between staff members when differences occur and seeks assistance to arbitrate differences as needed.
- Gives and accepts constructive feedback appropriately.
- Identifies actual and potentially unsafe patient care practices, reports them in the designated manner, and suggests alternatives.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
Licenses, Registrations, or Certification:
- RN License in state of employment or compact