CHRISTUS Central Louisiana/St. Frances Cabrini
Registered Nurse (RN)
CHRISTUS St Frances Cabrini-40100
3330 Masonic Dr
Alexandria, LA 71301
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN-FCMC Job in Alexandria
The Family Centered Maternity Care Nurse (FCMC) Registered Nurse has the responsibility and accountability for assessing patient/family health problems and resources, taking a leadership role in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the nursing plan of care provided by the nursing team. This professional nurse is responsible for providing technical nursing care and interventions to designated patient populations. According to the Department's Scope of Practice, this position requires providing services to the obstetrical patient from menses to menopause during the labor, delivery, recovery, and postpartum stages. This position requires the nurse to provide care to the newborn through delivery, transition, and discharge in a Single-Room Maternity Care (SRMC) environment. This service is delivered in a manner that demonstrates understanding and support of the SRMC model and active participation fulfilling the Mission of CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini Hospital. It is expected that the associate demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The associate shall support the CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini's strategic plan and the goals and direction of their Performance Improvement Plan (PIP).
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Collaborates -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Goals -- Completes quarterly goals
Delivering the Mission - Performs duties as defined in this job description and demonstrates mastery of role.
- Completes and documents initial assessment/care within required time frames.
- Performs, reassessments/care at intervals as required or appropriate to the patient's needs.
- Ensures physical assessment/care includes all major body systems.
- Ensures spiritual assessment/care includes actual/expressed needs.
- Incorporates cultural and ethnic factors into assessment/care.
- Correctly differentiates between normal and abnormal findings.
- Makes appropriate referrals for positive high-risk screens.
- Uses computer system(s) appropriately.
- Documents in the medical record according to policy/procedure.
- Complies with incident reporting and notification requirements.
- Attends/reviews department staff meetings for information.
- Practices Standard Precautions in patient care activities.
- Practices appropriate disease specific isolation as required.
- Appropriately handles and disposes of sharps.
- Identifies and documents patient/family educational needs upon initial assessment and thereafter.
- Identifies barriers to learning.
- Provides teaching based on identified needs.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of instruction provided.
- Assessment and teaching incorporates cultural and ethnic actors.
- Assessment and teaching incorporates functional needs.
- Develops and implements the plan of care based on assessment findings.
- Establishes the plan of care within time frame specific to assigned Department/unit.
- Re-evaluates and modifies the plan of care, based on the patient's response to the interventions.
- Communicates the plan of care to members of the nursing team.
- Prioritizes and delegates patient care activities based on patient assessment and staff capabilities.
- Appropriately coordinates and/or delegates aspects of the plan of care.
- Involves the patient/family in developing the plan of care.
- Demonstrates sound clinical judgment in decision-making regarding patient care in-house as well as on transport.
- Communicates effectively with physicians and allied health team.
- Coordinates nursing care with other disciplines involved.
- Involves allied health team members, as necessary.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary care conferences
- Allows for privacy and modesty in the provision of care.
- Identifies self by name and title to patient/family
- Reports suspected cases of abuse/neglect, if identified.
- Understands role of, and how to access, the Ethics Committee.
- Establishes presence of consent prior to treatment/procedure.
- Understands actions, side-effects, contra-indications of drugs.
- Follows five "rights" of medication administration.
- Adheres to Transport Safety precautions.
- Adheres to medication policies, practices and standards.
- Administers medication, intravenous therapy and fluid management only under physician order and guidance.
- Completed Unit Specific Annual Competency Checklist.
- Obtains necessary training prior to initial equipment use.
- Assures equipment is in operating order prior to use.
- Adheres to Transport Policies / Procedures.
- Differentiates between patient complications and equipment malfunction.
- Uses medical equipment in accordance with manufacturer's operating guidelines.
A sign on incentive of up to $25K available for qualified candidates.
- Must be able to prioritize workflow on a daily basis. Must be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken form with individuals of various education levels including physicians. Ability to interpret medical terminology and possess an understanding of human anatomy and physiology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Required FCMC education
- English required, bilingual (English/Spanish; English/French) preferred
- Nonsmokers preferred; or ability to work extended shifts without smoking including during lunches and breaks
- One-year recent experience preferred for L&D and/or Surgery/PACU
- Current Louisiana RN License
- Current BLS Card
- NRP Certification within 6 months of employment
- ACLS within 6 months of employment
- Newborn Assessment within one year of employment
- Complete Intermediate Fetal Monitoring course within 6 months of hire: AWHONN's Fetal Monitoring Principles and Practice.