RN - Family Centered Maternity Care, PRN
CHRISTUS Central Louisiana/St. Frances Cabrini
CHRISTUS St Frances Cabrini Hospital
3330 Masonic Drive
Alexandria, LA 71301
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN - Family Centered Maternity Care, PRN Job in Alexandria
The Family Centered Maternity Care Nurse (FCMC) Registered Nurse has the responsibility and accountability for assessing patient/family health problems and resources, taking a leadership role in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the nursing plan of care provided by the nursing team.This professional nurse is responsible for providing technical nursing care and interventions to designated patient populations. According to the Department’s Scope of Practice, this position requires providing services to the obstetrical patient from menses to menopause during the labor, delivery, recovery, and postpartum stages. This position requires the nurse to provide care to the newborn through delivery, transition, and discharge in a Single-Room Maternity Care (SRMC) environment. This service is delivered in a manner that demonstrates understanding and support of the SRMC model and active participation fulfilling the Mission of CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini Hospital.
- Must be able to prioritize workflow on a daily basis. Must be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken form with individuals of various education levels including physicians. Ability to interpret medical terminology and possess an understanding of human anatomy and physiology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Required FCMC education
- English required, bilingual (English/Spanish; English/French) preferred
- Nonsmokers preferred; or ability to work extended shifts without smoking including during lunches and breaks
- One-year recent experience preferred for L&D and/or Surgery/PACU
- Current Louisiana RN License
- Current BLS Card
- NRP Certification within 12 months of employment
- ACLS within 12 months of employment
- Newborn Assessment within one year of employment
- Complete Intermediate Fetal Monitoring course within 6 months of hire: AWHONN’s Fetal Monitoring Principles and Practice.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini family!
Per Diem As Needed