1. Provide onboarding of all new staff for the NICU including, but not limited to, the NICU residency program, Core/Annual Compentencies, policies and procedures, orientation schedules, explaining departmental expecatations, assisting with obtaining of passwords/access when applicable and explaining educational requirements for evaluation periods.
2. Evaluate departmental educational needs and develop educational prgrasms and in-services, in coordination with other departmental educators and leadership team members, to meet those needs.
3. Assist leadership team and medical staff to identify QAPI initatives and monitor/audit QAPI indicators.
4. Assist with writing, revising, and educating staff on departmental policies.
5. Participate in Shared Governance committees as assigned and support staff in participating in unit-based and hospital wide committees.
6. Maintain current knowledge of standards of care in neonatal nursing and Joint Commission/CMS/Texas Administrative Code requirments for the NICU
7. Provide direct patient care as needed