RN Clinical Documentation Specialist
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
Registered Nurse (RN)
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Medical Ct-30300
2827 Babcock Road
San Antonio, TX 78229
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN Clinical Documentation Specialist Job in San Antonio
- ADN required; BSN preferred
- Basic computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet utilization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in computer use (desktop and/or laptop).
- Demonstrates basic knowledge regarding HIM coding standards.
- Analytic skills necessary to accurately assess patient medical records.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work on a team in order to influence physician documentation processes.
- Ability to be flexible and adjust to workload/assignment changes and interruptions.
- ** May be asked to travel to other CHRISTUS Facilities (Santa Rosa and Spohn Regions).
- Minimum of 5 years recent experience in an acute care setting in a clinical nursing field required.
- Prior experience in clinical documentation improvement, utilization review/management, discharge planning, quality management, case management or coding preferred.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas required