RN Charge Nurse- Telemetry Nights
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
Registered Nurse (RN)
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Westover H-31600
11212 State Highway 151
San Antonio, TX 78251
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN Charge Nurse- Telemetry Nights Job in San Antonio
Registered professional nurse who assesses, implements or delegates, plans, and evaluates total nursing care and functions in accordance with established philosophy, providing and directing patient care for a group of patients. Relates effectively with other shifts/departments for optimal continuity of care. Provides clinical supervision for entry level nurses and assists in their development. Coordinates provision of nursing care on the nursing unit. Facilitates the efficient flow of patients and resources. Assures efficiency of unit operations and good stewardship in proper use and maintenance of equipment and supplies. Assures adherence to safe standard of care and practice and regulatory expectations. Serves as a leader of patient care and role model/mentor in associate development.
- Minimum ADN; however BSN is preferred.
- Specialty Professional Certification in appropriate area is required. Note: existing Charge RNs who are BSN prepared but not certified will have one year to obtain specialty certification.
- Excellent customer service, negotiation and communication skills.
- Must possess advanced knowledge of general nursing theory and be able to apply the knowledge to complex problems.
- Skill in supervision, teaching, organizing, counseling, problem solving, and critical thinking is required.
- Familiarity with community/regional health needs and services is preferred.
- Must have the ability to organize, coordinate, and direct; demonstrate judgment, diplomacy, assertiveness and initiative.
- Must work well with others.
- Flexibility in work hours to meet the needs of patients, physicians and staff.
- Minimum 5 years clinical patient care experience in a relevant setting preferred; however, combination of experience, education, and certification may be considered.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Valid RN license for State of Texas
- Specialty Certification in appropriate area
- CPR required. BLS, ACLS, or PALS as appropriate