RN Case Manager FT/40HRS
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
490A West Zia Rd
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN Case Manager FT/40HRS Job in Santa Fe
In collaboration with the patient/family, social workers, physicians and interdisciplinary team, the RN case manager ensures patient progression through the continuum of care in an efficient and cost effective manner. The RN case manager is responsible for identifying, initiating and managing optimal patient flow/throughput to enhance continuity of care, smooth and safe transitions, patient satisfaction, patient safety and length of stay management. Support and expertise are provided through comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and overall evaluation of individual patient needs. Care coordination, utilization review and management, as well as discharge planning are accountabilities of this role. Education is provided to physicians and other members of the team on the issues related to utilization review including inappropriate admissions and placements. Payer-based requests regarding individual members are fulfilled, where appropriate and pertinent. The Case Manager adheres to departmental and organizational goals, objectives, standards of performance and policies and procedures, continually assuring quality patient care and regulatory compliance.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse to practice nursing in the state of New Mexico. Meets contact hour requirements for licensure, including all state required courses.
- Case Management certification highly desirable -- ACM (Accredited Case Manager), CCM (Certified Case Manager, RN-BC (Board Certified in Case Management)
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations
- Interpersonal skills that promote teamwork
- Critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Proficient in the daily use of standard office equipment such as computer, phone, fax, pager, copier etc. and has skill in utilizing Microsoft Word and Outlook tools.
- Minimum of two years of nursing experience in a health care setting required, of which a minimum of one year has been spent in an acute care setting is preferred.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
Responsible to: Director of Case Management
General office environment and general hospital department/nursing units (100% of day).
Blood borne Pathogens: A
Ability to move around the hospital to all units/department for about 80% of the day, in office 20% of the day. Requires close work, good vision, dexterity to write as well as to use computer keyboard.