3 DAYS - 12 HOURS
RN, Cardio Cath Lab - Full Time
CHRISTUS Southwestern Louisiana
CHRISTUS Ochsner St Patrick Hospital
524 Dr Michael DeBakey Drive
Lake Charles, LA 70601
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
RN, Cardio Cath Lab - Full Time Job in Lake Charles
The cardiac cath lab nurse is able to assess, manage and provide safe care to the patient undergoing procedures in the cardiac cath. The Cardiac Cath RN monitors each patient for arrhythmias and complications. The Cardiac Cath Lab RN performs initial assessment of the cath lab patient and ongoing assessments throughout the procedure. The RN will administer and monitor medications for moderate sedation in accordance with facility policies. The RN is able to recognize signs and symptoms of potential complications and impending deterioration.
The RN will also be responsible for the following:
- Documents progress according to hospital policy and procedure.
- Assists physician with procedures.
- Prepares each patient by setting up and prepping prior to the procedure.
- Manages cardiac cath insertion sites including sheath monitoring pre and post sheath removal
- Removes sheaths and holds pressure to cath sites
- Assures necessary consents are completed and patient identification is confirmed
- Takes call for emergency procedures according to departmental/hospital guidelines
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of all monitoring equipment in the Cath lab
- Responsible for hemodynamic monitoring during procedures
·Graduate of an RN program
·Excellent written and verbal communication skills; knowledge of scope and role of the Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, Nursing Assistant, Patient Care Technician and Unit Clerk.
·Valid Registered Nurse license within the state of Louisiana
·American Heart Association Basic Life Support