The RN II After Hours provides the lead role in nursing services. Performs duties with little to no supervisor and takes direction from the physicians and the office manager. Provides professional nursing care for clinic patients, according to established standards and practices.
The scope of the After-Hours RN includes: medication refills based standing orders, medication questions, questions from pharmacy, explanation of discharge instructions or instructions on procedures, any critical labs resolutions, communication with medical providers and nurse triage for symptom-based patient calls for patients of all ages.
Hours: Mon-Fri 5:00 PM to 7:00 am and Sat -Sun 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM. This position will be located at the CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic - Administration (Woodgate Bldg in Tyler)
- Graduate of an accredited school of vocational nursing.
- Must be licensed as a Licensed Vocation Nurse (LVN) with the State of Texas
- CPR Certification through the American Heart Association or American Red Cross; ACLS may be required for certain specialty practices or for code team.
- Prefer candidate with a minimum of 1 year of experience in a clinical setting. Specialty experience may be required if working in a specialty practice.
- Phlebotomy skills are preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of an electronic health record system; EPIC is preferred.
- Requires the ability to work in a dynamic fast paced work environment with strong basic office skills (ability to type a minimum of 30 WPM, data entry & 10-Key)
- Candidates will possess good analytical, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills