: Responsible for performing billing, collections and reimbursement services of claims and duties to hospitals supported by the RCBS. In doing so, ensures that all claims billed and collected meet all government-mandated procedures for Integrity and Compliance. Performs billing, collections and reimbursement services in a prompt and efficient manner. Provides thorough, courteous and professional assistance to patients, physician offices, insurance companies and other clients on an as needed basis while maintaining strictest confidence. Documents, forwards, and resolves incoming mail and correspondence. Demonstrates a level of accountability to ensure data and codes are not changed on claims prior to submission if related to diagnosis, charge and/or other clinical type data that RCBS would not have knowledge of. Ensures all productivity, collection, and error goals are met. Responsible to ensure successful implementation of Governmental Regulatory Billing changes
EDUCATION: HS Diploma or equivalency required. College education in business and/or accounting may substitute for experience on a year for year basis up to two years.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: None required.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills in order to present and explain information to internal and external customers.
- Ability to write letters.
- Must have practical experience with Word, Excel, Adobe applications.
- Must have ability to make independent decisions that are generally guided by established procedures.
- Must have a desire to learn ethical and compliant business practices.
- Must be able to handle sensitive, stressful and confidential situations and account information.
- Must have excellent keyboarding and 10-key skill-set.
- Must have knowledge to perform functions requiring the use of the Internet.
- Willingness and ability to learn new task.
- Understanding of alternative Business Office financial resources
- Ability to provide information and/or recommendations related to sources of recovery
- Knowledge of general hospital A/R accounts
EXPERIENCE: Must have minimum of 2 years experience in any of the following: Medicare, Medicaid and/or Commercial Insurance billing, collections, payment and reimbursement verification and/or refunds.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Manger, Patient Accounts.
-Bloodborne pathogen: A
Works in a clean, well-lighted smoke free environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Long periods of sitting at times, great deal of walking. Must be flexible in work schedule. Subject to stressful situations. Extended use of video display terminal and keyboard utilizing sound ergonomic principles. May be required to push, pull or lift up to 10 pounds.