The Retail Store Manager, Retail Services is responsible for overall sales, profitability, customer service, visual strategies, operations and inventory management for the assigned location. The store manager supervises and motivates a store team that may consist of paid associates as well as volunteers. The Store Manager provides leadership and inspiration through, coaching, feedback and recognition in an effort to drive sales and exceed customers' expectations. Store managers must promote a fun and positive work environment that fosters open communication, teamwork and inspires creativity.
- Train and develop sales associates through on-the-job training and role modeling. Teach associates customer service skills and selling behaviors to maximize customer loyalty and improve business results.
- Manage weekly scheduling of associates, ensuring proper store coverage..
- Monitor associates' ability to effectively handle customer service issues and address concerns.
- First point of contact for any escalated customer concerns.
- Build and develop selling team by delegating responsibilities and tasks via success book.
- Provide associates feedback on performance strengths and areas of development.
- Ensure associates understand productivity and job performance standards. Hold associates accountable to productivity and performance standards.
- Maintains and reports financial records
- Oversees pricing and stock control
- Communicate promotional event information to maximize results of each event.
- Assist in preparation of annual physical inventory
- Identify merchandise issues and opportunities based on selling and customer feedback.
- Assist selling team in building external and internal clientele.
- Consistently performs, leads by example and coaches staff to exemplify the customer engagement behaviors outlines in CREATE training
- Connect with every customer by greeting them warmly asking open ended questions and engaging them in product related discussions
- Respond to customers immediate needs
- Explore your customers' needs and demonstrate products
- Add relevant products, (these flowers would be spectacular with a balloon)
- Thank every customer regardless of purchase or not, every customer is important!
- Exhibits an attitude of can do and customer is always first.
- Manages store operations and visual merchandising so that the store always has that grand opening look.
- Resolve customer issues using good business judgment and elevating to area manager as needed