Respiratory Therapist, RRT or CRTT - Respiratory Therapy - PRN
CHRISTUS Central Louisiana/St. Frances Cabrini
CHRISTUS St Frances Cabrini-40100
3330 Masonic Dr
Alexandria, LA 71301
Share This Job On
Apply Now Respiratory Therapist, RRT or CRTT - Respiratory Therapy - PRN Job in Alexandria
Responsible for the pulmonary care of critical, non-critical, and chronically ill adult, pediatric, and neonatal patients under the direction of a physician with minimal supervision. Performs patient assessments and institutes respiratory care plans. Performs carious technical and diagnostic respiratory therapy procedures in all areas of the hospital.
Action Oriented -- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Collaborates -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Goals -- Completes quarterly goals
Delivering the Mission -- Performs duties as defined in this job description and demonstrates mastery of role
- Documents therapies into Care Manager.
- Gives and receives verbal report on patients at shift change.
- Receives verbal orders from physicians and writes on order sheet by using JCAHO standard. Verbal orders verified.
- Performs assessments and evaluations, charts progress of patients, and documents order changes on patient's chart.
- Enters changes and discontinuances in Cardex.
- Proper use of Pyxis supply.
- Attends interdisciplinary/discharge-planning meeting.
- Chart checks done per shift. Checks, signs and dates patient MAR with time given for each therapy given.
- Evaluates patient progress and records appropriately on chart.
- Documents all blood gases on downtime sheet when computer is down. Also records these ABG's on log sheet.
- Medication Pyxis: A tutorial is completed on the correct procedure for using the medication Pyxis.
- Reports and documents critical value read back (CVRB) on all critical blood gas reports.
- Performs respiratory therapy procedures: aerosol, IPPB (Intermittent Positive Pressure Breathing), CPT and bronchial drainage, incentive spirometry, BiPAP, Passy Muir speaking valves, monitor/set up nasal CPAP and O2 therapy.
- Performs physical assessment of patient.
- Sets up, maintains, and monitors ventilators.
- Performs airway care for adult, pediatric, and neonatal patients. Variations in procedure are done as per physician order.
- Provides respiratory assistance for patient transports.
- Promotes R.T. Protocols to physicians and nursing personnel.
- Assists CNNP, RN on neonatal transports to/from other hospitals.
- Attends all C-sections.
- Draws all cord pH levels and reports them to the physician.
- Performs bedside pulmonary function tests. (12 annually)
- Performs arterial blood gas studies
- Performs bronchoscopies.
- Performs EKGs and holters.
- Identifies and documents patient/family educational needs upon initial assessment and thereafter.
- Identifies barriers of learning.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of instruction provided.
- Allows privacy and modesty in the provision of care.
- Identifies self by name and title to patient/family.
- Understands role of how to access the Ethics Committee.
- Completed Unit Specific Competency Checklist.
- Obtains proper in-service on any new equipment before use.
- Differentiates between patient complications and equipment malfunctions.
- Uses medical equipment in accordance with manufacturer guidelines.
- Flexibility in schedule.
- Adaptive to change in procedure/policy.
- Completion of an AMA accredited Respiratory Therapy Program.
- Licensed by the National Board of Respiratory Care as a Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Licensed by the State of Louisiana
- Maintain current BLS certification