Performs direct patient care; assessment, treatment, control diagnostic evaluation of patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system as ordered by the patients' attending physician. He/she will be responsible for general floor care, NICU, PICU, ICU, transports, ER, therapeutic gas administration, CPR, intubation of neonate through adult, ventilator management, ABG's, EKG's, PFT's, spirometry, EEGs, holter monitor placement, disease prevention education, hearing screenings, and scheduling of outpatient services.
- Graduate of an AMA, JRCRTE approved school with an Associate Degree in Respiratory Therapy
- On-line program graduates must pass NBRC entry-level examination before hire
- Computer literate with good verbal and written communication skills
- Must obtain the required hours set forth by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) or the state of Louisiana via cardiopulmonary seminars, conferences, online educational webinars, and all other acceptable educational tools on an annual basis
- Licensed by the State of Louisiana; CRT Certified or Registered by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- CPR, ACLS, PALS and NRP certifications as required by department function