Registered Respiratory Therapist - Respiratory CardioPulmonary
CHRISTUS Childrens Hospital
Share This Job On
Registered Respiratory Therapist - Respiratory CardioPulmonary Job in San Antonio
Responsible for the pulmonary care of critical, non-critical, and chronically ill adult, pediatric, and neonatal patients under the direction of a physician with minimal supervision. Performs patient assessments and institutes respiratory care plans. Performs various technical and diagnostic respiratory therapy procedures in all areas of the hospital.
The CHRISTUS Children’s Hospital, established in 1959, was the first children’s hospital in South-Central Texas. Located downtown, this 190-plus-bed hospital serves more than 70,000 children annually from San Antonio, South Texas and around the world. The hospital (in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine) is the only academic children’s hospital in San Antonio. Our highly specialized services meet the unique medical needs of children, from Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care to Children’s Emergency Services, the latest treatments for deformities of the spine including titanium rib implants and halo traction, a Heart Center, a specialized asthma program, a highly regarded Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, and growing maternal services to include consultation, delivery, and maternal fetal medicine.
- See licensure and/or certification requirements
- 1 - 3 years of experience preferred
- RT or RCP License in state of employment required
- BLS required
- RRT thru the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) required
- This is an ambulatory clinic position, not hospital.
- Works Schedule is Monday – Thursday 8:00 – 5:00 and Friday 8:00 – 12:00
- Pulmonary Function Testing is the primary tests performed.
- Simple Spirometry
- Diffusion Capacity of the lungs (DLCO)
- Body Plethysmography (Lung Volumes, Airway Resistance)
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.