This is a PRN position. Sets up and operates various types of oxygen and other therapeutic gas and mist inhalation equipment such as tents, masks, catheters, cannulas and incubators. Administers prescribed doses of medicinal gases and aerosolized drugs. Prepares and maintains a chart for each patient containing all pertinent background information and treatment records. Cleans, inspects and tests inhalation therapy equipment to ensure proper operating condition.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of an American Medical Association approved Registered Respiratory Therapist Program. Will assure minimum job knowledge and clinical skills. Must pass RRT exam within 12 months of hire and/or promotion date.
- Previous experience as a respiratory therapist in an acute care environment preferred.
- Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
- BCLS required.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.