This position is responsible for the planning, monitoring, facilitation and coordination of Regional Infection Prevention Program. This position serves as main contact for the day to day operations of the regional infection prevention program. The position will collaborate closely with the Quality and Patient Safety Program, Occupational Health, Safety & Facilities Program, Risk Program and Antimicrobial Stewardship Program. In addition, the Director is responsible for the coordination of all aspects of the CDC-NHSN Public reporting, state and CMS reporting. This is a key position in the clinical leadership team that helps to lead Performance Improvement of any Hospital Acquired Infections.
- Bachelors degree required; Masters preferred in Nursing, Public Health or Microbiology, or current Certification in Infection Control.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Infection Prevention required in a clinical/hospital setting.
- Performance Improvement -Black Belt Preferred
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Current Registered Nurse license.
- CIC (Certified Infection Control)