Radiology Tech - Clinic - PRN
CHRISTUS Ambulatory Services
ASPG Promptu Care-Dowlen-67106
Beaumont, TX 77706
Share This Job On
Apply Now Radiology Tech - Clinic - PRN Job in Beaumont
Operates radiologic equipment to make clinical diagnostic X-ray films as directed by physicians. Performs routine diagnostic procedures and may be required to function as a Medical Assistant as needed.MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Positions patients and adjusts equipment for taking X-rays following established procedures. Instructs patients regarding procedures. Observes patient's vital signs during examination.
- Follows prescribed safety standards in operating radiologic equipment.
- Maintains accurate radiology records as directed and logs all procedures completed. Processes routine paperwork and files reports.
- Selects length and intensity for radiation exposure by adjusting equipment on individual patient basis.
- Examines radiologic film for properties such as density and contrast, definition, magnification and distortion.
- Develops and processes radiologic film. Delivers film to radiologists for reading/ interpretation.
- Maintains examination rooms. Stocks necessary medical and radiologic supplies.
- Cleans and makes minor adjustments to radiologic equipment. Schedules routine maintenance. Develops and monitors an ongoing QI program with targeted QI aspects of care to be reported on a routine basis. Ensures department compliance with OSHA.
- Participates in training employees in equipment operation, patient movement, and quality assurance.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Enhances professional growth through education programs, conferences, and workshops.
- Follows the CHRISTUS Physician Group guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas in a clear, positive manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission.
- Maintains established CHRISTUS Physician Group policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
- Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission and Code of Ethics and supportive of CHRISTUS Physician Group's cultural diversity objectives.
- Supports and adheres to CPG Service Guarantee.
- Completion of course in radiologic technology approved by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- One year of experience as a radiologic technologist preferred.
- Current state licensure and certification (ARRT) with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- Current CPR certification