Program Manager Strategic Planning
CHRISTUS System Office
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
Share This Job On
Apply Now Program Manager Strategic Planning Job in Irving
The Program Manager, Strategy Management and Development, plays a critical role in the implementation and oversight of strategic planning throughout the CHRISTUS Health organization including corporate, regional and hospital business units. This individual will be responsible for ensuring company-wide alignment around the Strategy Management System (SMS) which includes a clearly defined strategic planning process and balanced scorecard of outcome measures. S/he, will ensure a consistent and disciplined implementation of this process by facilitating strategy management workshops and meetings, providing on-going project management support, and enabling our business units with the necessary support, analytics and tools to successfully utilize the SMS process. This also includes managing communications, providing training, and data analyses. By nature of the position, a high degree of professionalism is required dealing with highly sensitive data and information requiring the use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, judgment and independent decision making.
- Facilitate Strategy Management Workshops and Retreats -- Designs retreats, workshops and other innovative experiences to generate informed and innovative strategic thinking at the system, regional, hospital, international and non-acute levels.
- Works with leadership teams at all levels of the organization to design strategic planning sessions that address the unique needs and style of the local teams while complying with all of the components of Strategy Management System.
- Works with leadership teams to draw key conclusions and strategic implications from industry, market and internal data to form fact-based assumptions for strategy development.
- Assists with all aspects of the Strategy Management Process including leading workshops, training sessions and work reviews.
- Develops materials necessary for strategy management workshops.
- Project Management - Responsible for managing strategic initiatives for assigned business units, ensuring compliance with the process, monitoring balanced scorecard inputs and regularly communicating outcomes to system leadership.
- Coordinates and manages strategy review meetings with leadership to ensure that they have the resources and support to fully implement SMS.
- Regularly monitors balanced scorecard information; reviews input for accuracy, completeness and consistency.
- Works with local leadership team to identify performance or growth opportunities and recommends changes to initiatives and/or measures as appropriate
- Regularly communicates status of SMS process and outcomes to System leadership
- Supports market research and analyses - provides technical and research support for development of market research and analyses to include the following, comprehensive market analyses, targeted service line strategies, competitor analyses, etc.
- Develops ongoing assessments and analysis of regional and hospital to monitor performance in relation to competitors, industry benchmarks, system goals, etc.
- Maintains and utilizes a vast array of information resources to include financial and operating performance, market share, utilization, strategy, affiliation, physician relationships, etc.
- Provides training and support for data users across the various business units in effort to enhance company-wide utilization of planning decision-support tools and to refine and enhance planning expertise at System and regional levels.
- Special Project Support - Supports System and regional special projects on an as needed basis
- Provides customized meeting facilitation and strategic planning support for regional and system special projects
- Develops comprehensive and customized analyses of strategic and/or competitive dynamics for special projects.
- Masters degree in Business (MBA) or in Healthcare (MHA) or similar degree is required.
- Excellent meeting and workshop design skills;
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong grasp of business and financial principles, and strong problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to serve as productive member of team and/or task force;
- Ability to develop and present complex concepts to large audiences;
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, database, graphics, and other relevant software.
- Minimum of seven (5) years experience in business-related industry; meeting design and facilitation experience; experience in use of Balanced Scorecard approach to Strategy Management preferred.
- Experience in health care industry strongly preferred