Program Manager Clinical Strategies
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Information Mgmt-79100
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
Share This Job On
Apply Now Program Manager Clinical Strategies Job in Irving
The Program Manager for the Clinical Strategies is responsible for day-to-day operational management of all activities and functions in the designated program area within the Information Management Applications Services division, including developing, implementing and evaluating program policies, procedures and standards; determining program service levels and enhancements; developing and monitoring program budgets; providing technical advice and/or oversight to staff or other departments related to respective programs; evaluating information concerning a customers' conceptual needs and guiding development of Business Cases; and estimating and coordinating program activities and associated costs. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Life Cycle Management-- Manage the product life cycle for a set of "related" software programs including:
- Review/understand market/technology trends for relevant systems
- Manage CHRISTUS portfolio of applications for relevant systems, and fit within the enterprise architecture
- Conduct release planning for system upgrades
- Conduct contract management for related systems
- Design applications integration and enterprise architecture for related systems
- Customer Support - Understand the operational needs of CHRISTUS facilities and corporate organization, and evaluates opportunities to improve operations through applications technology and/or more efficient use of available technologies. Guides and assists with customer processes including:
- Participate in System selection processes for new applications
- Business Case research and documentation
- Pre-implementation gap analysis and scope definition
- Project metrics and ROI definition
- Project Planning - Finalize "Discovery" and "Definition" phases of the project lifecycle prior to handoff to Project Manager.
- Vision and Strategy -- Provide input into the Digital Strategy vision and strategy of the organization, supporting strategic plans and continuous improvement.
- Program Leadership - Monitor, manage and/or perform day-to-day operations of the assigned programs to ensure that policies and procedures are being followed, that goals and objectives are met, and that services and projects are being accomplished efficiently and effectively; take corrective action as necessary.
- Budget & Financial Administration - Develop and manage detailed budgets, tracking all capital and operational expenditures and regularly reporting the budgetary status of all assigned project budgets including hardware, software and support components.
- Portfolio Management - Participate in System Standardization/Rationalization, managing and updating the portfolio of standard applications and technologies. Assist the project initiation team processes for scheduling and resourcing projects.
- Communication -- Provide effective oral and written communications to staff to facilitate understanding, ownership and accomplishment of project goals and objectives. Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, possess good negotiating skills and promote teamwork among subordinates.
- Standards --Develop and implement standards and procedures for technical and operational processes, tools and communication techniques. Analyze and recommend procedural and technical standards and changes to enhance user tasks and correct problem areas, as they become known.
- Contract Negotiations -- Assist in the negotiation of contracts for the acquisition of information systems, including software, hardware and support services, following established processes.
- Reporting --Establish and monitor department quality objectives, milestones and benchmarks. Develop and implement effective tools to measure performance against these standards, and to document and regularly report on all process metrics, plans, priorities, schedules, budgets, staff assignments, programs and the current status of projects and routine assignments.
- Support - Interface with IM management to understand their business and service needs and develop processes for IM implementation to accommodate them. Lead in the development and documentation of procedures and standards that ensure accurate evaluation of Clinical Strategy standards required for support of clinical, business and technical processes.
- Teamwork -- Maintain and demonstrate good teamwork on assigned projects through actions and job performance.
- Other -- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by the Director.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Healthcare Business or related field required.
- An advanced Information Systems or Business degree will be considered an asset.
- Education and experience in relevant PMP_ITIL support and delivery processes preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an acute and ambulatory clinical environment required; PHM/EOC/PACS experience preferred.
- Six years of experience managing IT or healthcare projects or programs of medium to large scope and complexity.
- Six years previous experience working on information technology or healthcare focused project teams or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
- PgMP and/or PMP preferred.