The Program Manager Clinical Informatics is primarily responsible for planning, developing, coordinating, and facilitating the execution of short-term and long-term training strategies for the delivery of end-user training for physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and clinical ancillary staff to develop competence in the use of all clinical information systems (CIS) and clinical applications for various clinical areas and departments. This position will also be responsible for coordinating the development and on-going maintenance of education materials and user-facing websites and related technology for engagement, communication and education. The Program Manager Clinical Informatics will proactively coordinate with the Health Informatics team to coordinate, monitor, and report on education/training activities.
- Provide leadership and direction for the development, implementation, management and evaluation of the training for the EMR and technology systems.
- Collaborate with clinical informatics governance teams to analyze complex informatics problems to extract educational components and provide direction in prioritization and rapid implementation of appropriate educational strategies and tactics
- Collaborate with clinical informatics governance teams and other clinical educators to create and implement effective training plans and strategies based upon best practices and instructional design principles.
- Develops appropriate schedules and project plans for curriculum development including multimedia and classroom teaching sessions.
- Responsible for curriculum development while ensuring that all training materials are kept current to the system release. Responsible for the design, implementation and support of an integrated training approach and environment for the organization.
- Participate in the development of training policies and requirements for designated application(s)
- Responsible for development of detailed, workflow-based curriculum for designated application(s).
- Additional activities include the coordination of training events, conducting training tasks and activities, and developing metrics that measure program effectiveness.
- Implements and maintains competency/proficiency/satisfaction assessment metrics for ongoing improvement of education programs, processes, activities and materials. Incorporates technology, digital media and multiple learning modalities.
- Manage the design and maintenance of the user-facing websites and related technology for engagement, communication and education
- Responsible for other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in computer sciences, information systems, or related discipline
- Experience in various EMR systems such as MEDITECH, Cerner, Epic, Powerchart, AllScripts
- 3-5 years of healthcare-related work experience
- Advanced knowledge of adult education and instructional design.
- Experience facilitating training sessions and meetings.
- Experience and understanding of the tenets of clinical informatics
- Demonstrated results in building, managing, and coaching teams.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
<h3>C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications</h3>
- Valid Driver's License
- Current valid Professional license, if applicable