The Program Manager, Analytics & Market Research provides research and analytical support for all strategic, business development and physician alignment projects. The Associate will support business development initiatives by preparing financial models and performing analyses. This position will be responsible for contributing ideas throughout the financial modeling and analysis process, conducting necessary research required to support project analysis, drafting multiple versions of the development transaction as needed. The program manager supports strategic planning and physician alignment by preparing and maintaining market research and competitive analyses to support development of effective strategies. This support includes conducting and maintaining comprehensive and highly professional research analyses for all system entities, bringing significant depth of knowledge of market as well as industry to the strategic conversation at the system, regional and non-acute levels. S/he manages all industry and market research related to system strategy and business development projects, drawing from existing resources and identifying new information sources to inform the broader CHRISUTS Strategy.
By nature of the position, a high degree of professionalism is required dealing with highly sensitive data and information requiring the use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, judgment and independent decision making.
Prepare analysis of market population and physician profiles, including demographics, utilization rates, reimbursement, and other trends. Utilize industry business tools as required to compile information.
Provide analytical support by collecting and evaluating data, preparing financial models, making appropriate assumptions and analyzing estimated results of business development projects.
Perform ROI and NPV analysis of financial models as required.
Provide broad based risk evaluations and probability of success calculations and interpretations for business development projects.
Assist in keeping measures aligned with system and regional strategic initiatives and when possible, with industry standards or benchmarks.
- Manage Analytical Support for System Business Development -- Prepare financial models and perform analysis for various business development opportunities. This position will be responsible for contributing ideas throughout the financial modeling and analysis process, conducting necessary research required to support the project analysis, drafting multiple versions of the development transaction as needed.
Designs System standardized approach to market assessment and competitive analyses utilizing broad array of internal and external decision support resources.
Designs customized and automated reporting tools based on the unique characteristics of a service line, customer or geographic market, ensuring acute and non-acute leadership have access to comprehensive industry data specific to their ministry.
Designs and maintains ongoing analyses of system and regional performance in relation to competitors, industry benchmarks, system goals, etc. by maintaining vast array of information resources to include financial and operating performance, market share, utilization, strategy, affiliation, managed care partnerships, physician relationships, etc.
Coordinates and consolidates information from various sources to support strategic decisions regarding the pursuit of new programs or services or the divestiture of existing non-performing programs or services.
Provides training workshops and materials to all System data users in order to enhance system-wide utilization of planning decision-support tools and to refine and enhance planning expertise at system and regional levels.
Promotes awareness and effective utilization of strategic and business development decision support resources, including data and programs available within CHRISTUS Health as well as external resources.
Identifies additional planning and decision support information resources and assists system and regional associates in their utilization.
- Market Research and Decision Support -- Manages all aspects of the strategic decision support data bank, including identifying and mastering tools, negotiating contracts, designing custom reports and documentation, and training system and regional associates in strategic analysis as well as the specific tools. Develops comprehensive fact-based strategic analyses of industry, service line, customer and market-based strategies, identifying strategic implications as well as recommended responses to the information.
Conducts custom research projects in support of special projects or strategic initiatives, drawing upon internal existing information resources and identifying external resources where necessary.
Develops comprehensive and customized analyses.
Constantly revisits and revises bank of strategic information resources to ensure that system strategy is based upon comprehensive and current information
- Special Project Support - Manages all industry and market research related to special strategic initiatives or projects, drawing from existing resources and identifying innovative new resources of information to inform the broader CHRISTUS strategy.
- Bachelor degree in business, finance, economics, healthcare or related field required.
- MBA preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills;
- Strong grasp of business and financial principles, and strong problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to serve as productive member of team and/or task force;
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, database, graphics, and other relevant software.
- Minimum of seven (7) years experience in healthcare industry using broad array of decision support tools in financial, strategic or operational planning role, meeting design and facilitation.
- Knowledge of financial statement fundamentals utilized in investment considerations.
- Working knowledge of hospital financial operations and financial analysis within a healthcare environment.
- Proven financial modeling and analytical skills
- Advanced experience with capital analysis tools, Kaufman Hall experience desired.
- Extensive knowledge in Excel, Access and other Windows based software.
- Excellent research, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Solid interpersonal and customer service skills and demonstrated experience.
- Ability to handle extensive detail and analyze complex projects and documents.
- Ability to work individually and as a member of a team on tasks with tight time frames.
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task. Orientation should be on completing the assigned tasks accurately and timely.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications: