This position reports to the System Director, Operations and Logistics. Major responsibilities include supporting the Corporate integrated Materials Management program for CHRISTUS Health to include receiving, stores, distribution, inventory and usage control, property control, property disposal, and related functions for all of our facilities. Position will also perform Interim Materials Management roles for the CHRISTUS facilities as needed. The Program Director of Supply Chain Operations & Logistics will provide system organization and direction for the advancement of the Materials process across CHRISTUS Health system. In coordination with the System Director of Operations & Logistics responsibilities include facility specific oversight on supply management process improvements. Position includes development and maintenance of work flow assessments, quality assurance, data management, Materials Management System policy and procedure development/ maintenance.
- Supports System Director of Operations & Logistics in establishing the strategic direction of Supply Chain across the system.
- Serves as an interim Materials Management Manager/Director in our facilities when needed.
- Supports Supply Chain Functions when related to acquisitions, new department builds, and divestures.
- Supports facility-based teams of Materials Management leadership in the identification, development and implementation of system wide Supply Chain process improvement initiatives
- Assists with implementation of Supply Chain applications across all facilities, including new ERP.
- Assists regions with end of fiscal year inventory to include counting, pre and post finalization of variance resolution, and required reporting of inventory reports to leadership.
- Serves as liaison between CHRISTUS Health and Vendor credentialing organization to ensure Vendor Representatives visiting CHRISTUS facilities are in good standing with all federal, state, and local laws. Assures Vendor Reps are compliant with programs in place to comply with HIPPA, OIG Vendor Compliance and Vendor Integrity.
- Assists facility based Supply Chain teams with accuracy, timeliness of item issues, returns, transfers, & adjustments of inventory within the Meditech Materials Management module.
- Assists regions with implementing and maintaining point of use systems.
- Collaborates in the long term strategic planning process and assures a timely and thorough plan execution with continuous process improvement as it relates to the Materials routines.
- Supports facility Supply Chain teams to effectively and efficiently convert to GPO contracts.
- Provides support to CHRISTUS facilities with recommended supply fill rates and PAR levels.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the System Director of Supply Chain Operations & Logistics
- Bachelors Degree or 6 years experience in multi facilities HealthCare Environment or related field
- Collaborative and comfortable working in a Matrix model organization
- Must be well versed in the use of MS Office suite/Materials Management Applications with specific advanced skills working with Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Analytical and quantitative thinker
- Business planning skills to include cost impact analysis
- Excellent communicator, speaker, and listener
- Enjoys teaching and educating
- Strong working knowledge cost accounting, finance, reimbursement, ancillary and support services and clinical services
- Ability to work occasional long or irregular hours including nights and weekends
- Sensitive to overall system needs and skill to balance with Regional needs
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications: