Program Coordinator - GME Program Specialist I
CHRISTUS Spohn Hosp-Memorial-25200
2606 Hospital Blvd
Corpus Christi, TX 78405
Share This Job On
Apply Now Program Coordinator - GME Program Specialist I Job in Corpus Christi
With oversight and direction from the DIO, GMEC, Systems GME Office, and the Program Director (PD) the GME Program Coordinator is responsible for the operational and financial management of residency/fellowship training and approved educational programs.
The PC assists in developing and maintaining the educational quality of the training program and ensuring compliance with relevant accreditation standards and other regulatory requirements. The PC functions as a liaison between the PD, residents/fellows, faculty, the DIO, GME Systems Office, participating sites, and other departments. PCs should be knowledgeable about compliance and regulatory requirements at the various training sites in which their residents/fellows rotate. The position requires a comprehensive and detailed understanding of national accreditation policies and hospital policies, as well as a high degree of initiative and independent judgment.
The PC will continually assess and direct a wide range of programmatic issues including long range planning, recruiting trainees, developing projects, analyzing administrative workflow, maintaining databases, communicating with faculty and trainees regarding a range of issues, and managing internal and external program relations.
- Recommended but not required: TAGME and Specialty Specific Administration Membership Status
- Documented and appraised industry experience at related level of functioning: less than 2 years
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize information.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with absolute confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to make decisions independently or to escalate issues as needed.
- Working knowledge to be attained within 6 months of accepting role/ grade/ appointment/ approval, of software applications adopted for the residency / fellowship/ educational programs