Apply Now Procurement to Pay Expediter Job in Irving
The Procurement-to-Pay (P2P) Expediter Role is a system level position responsible for the resolution of all invoice to payment discrepancies including but not limited to open receipts and invoices related to the procurement of supplies, equipment and services for assigned CHRISTUS Health ministry organizations and affiliates. Managing all credit or threat of credit hold alerts from internal or external sources. The P2P Expediter investigates, analyzes, resolves and coordinates resolution of issues. This position acts as a liaison between CHRISTUS Health Shared Service Procure-to-Pay Agents, Accounts Payable Agents, Corporate Procurement, and Ministry Organization’s receiving staff and Vendor Representatives. It includes responding to all customers, seeking direction and guidance on Shared Procurement and AP processes and procedures as well as identifies repetitive problems and works with P2P leadership on corresponding process improvements. Incumbent will routinely be handling confidential records; involved in discussions surrounding confidential matters relative to supplier relationships and expected to maintain confidentiality within the P2P department.
Responsible for acting as the liaison between CHRISTUS Health Shared Service Procure-to-Pay Agents, Accounts Payable Agents, Corporate Procurement and Ministry Organization’s receiving staff and the Vendor. Associate will serve as the dedicated support associate for AP and Procurement and be responsible for serving as the resource in acquiring information or documentation to expedite match audit resolution and payment. Associate will also validate invoices are matched to correct purchase order lines and confirm all problem invoices are worked to resolution so payment can be made. Serving as back up to Accounts Payable Manager will be expected. Reviewing all queues for all systems will be required and ensuring all invoices and credit memos are posted before month-end close. Performing reconciliations on all vendor statements is required. Working closely with the Vendors and other business departments to ensure all statements are reconciled and all old invoices, credit memos and unapplied payments are resolved before the next statement is issued by the Vendor.
- Identify vendor issues quickly and work to resolve the issues to ensure payment is made by the vendor’s due date and capitalize on all rebates
- Establish strong working relationship with vendors and regional associates to ensure timely payments and excellent customer service
- Working as a team to assist other associates to ensure invoices are processed timely and within SLAs
- Ability to multi-task and adjust schedule as needed to meet department deadlines
- Ability to resolve all credit holds or credit threats by performing required research, payment details to vendors, advising AP, Procurement, Material Management as to necessary action needed for invoice resolution
- Responsible for obtaining all packing slips and proof of deliveries required to clear quantity related issues, working with receiving personnel at the various ministry organizations to resolve shipping discrepancies and requests receipt adjustments when necessary
- Confirms contractual pricing and notifies Contract Analysts of pricing discrepancies as outlined per guidelines
- Modifies purchase orders as necessary based on research, direction of management in prescribed methods and ensures all information is documented in the ERP system to include root cause codes
- Identifies repetitive problems and works with Quality Assurance Manager on corresponding process improvements
- Notify Master Data Management Team of database changes necessitated by product specification changes, vendor mergers and acquisitions, location changes, member organization account changes as identified through normal course of business
- Understands and maintains established departmental goals, objectives, policies and procedures such as processing invoice discrepancies within established timelines, meeting customer service standards and following standard operating procedures pertaining to working hours, planned and unplanned absences and phone usage
- Identify training needs of local ministry organization’s needs (Receivers, Requestors, Approvers, AP Associates, Technology)
- Escalates issues appropriately driving towards resolution
- Responsible for performing these duties within established departmental service level goals while exhibiting CHRISTUS Health Core values to fulfill the ministry’s mission
- Generate vendor reconciliations on all Top Vendors and serve as the key person on vendor calls to resolve all outstanding invoices, credit memos and unapplied payments
- Knowledge to problem solve and know when to request vendor statements to resolve invoice issues
- Serve as the SME (Subject Matter Expert) and “go to” person for other associates and regions
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced shared service environment with multiple region invoice processing of at least 300 problem invoices per day
- Clear communication with all level of management and adhering to AP policies and procedures
- Ability to identify 1099 vendors and understand the guidelines for reporting Perform miscellaneous duties and special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting preferred or equivalent experience
- Five plus years of Accounts Payable experience
- Must be able to utilize Excel equivalent to an intermediate user level to create spreadsheets, analyze data and create recommendations based on data results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to research problems and present findings
- Must have proven prioritization and coordination skills, strong organizational skills as well as high level of initiative
- Previous experience working with I-Payables or another automated image capture system
- Previous experience working with Infor or another ERP accounting and automated workflow system
- Meticulous in attention to detail and ability to identify and troubleshoot issues quickly
- Intermediate knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite & SharePoint
- Strong analytical and vendor reconciliation skills
- Ability to multi-task and perform special projects under stress
- Demonstrated ability to identify, investigate, analyze and resolve complex issues
- Ability to manage multiple priorities within a fast-paced environment (multi-tasking is a must)
- Ability to recognize and recommend process improvements
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in problem solving and data validation
- Preferred experience with Integrated Procure-to-Pay systems
- Must have ability to work effectively in a large, multi-level, geographically dispersed organization
- Prefer experience in multi-entity shared service environment.
- Prefer medical supply commodity knowledge.
- Preferred APS, APM, APPM