Under general supervision of a Manager, System Procurement, and according to policies and procedures, purchases materials, supplies and equipment for various assigned departments within the CHRISTUS System.
Conducting analysis of operations, quality, cost, service, specifications and other factors in order to recommend vendor selection and product standardization for the region. Maintains contact with vendors, sales representatives and departments in order to standardize supplies. Continually reviews literature on product development.
- Consistently supports the hospital's Spirit of Serving Standards, in line with the Mission, Vision and values of CHRISTUS Health.
- Follows the CHRISTUS Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Promotes a culture of safety for patients and Associates through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
- Processing of purchase requests for assigned departments. Ensures requests are processed in a timely and accurate manner (within 24hrs) and all terms of Purchase agreements are met by vendors.
- Obtains and analyzes a variety of products and service information including specifications, price structures, payment terms, availability, contractual arrangements, service requirements, warranty coverage and so forth. Determines most favorable quotations based upon analyses of the above criteria and Procurement Center operations.
- Responsible for driving purchases to contracted supplier, enforcing contract compliance, standardization. Working knowledge of both clinical and financial environment as related to Healthcare.
- Assist Internal Customers to insure inventory levels compare favorably with ordering and receiving levels. Strives to keep inventory levels at a minimum.
- Monitors purchasing computer system to assure efficiency and data integrity. Insures system is being utilized according to system and hospital procedures. Insures purchasing information is updated daily - pricing, unit of purchase, vendor order number etc.
- Maintains regular contact with Facility Directors, Vendors and other sales representatives in order to evaluate and review goods and services.
- Reviews/ resolves open orders daily to ensure Department delivery expectation met.
- Reviews pricing discrepancies daily. Works w/Vendor to ensure Facility receiving discount pricing. Requests pricing be reinstated if applicable.