Policy Coordinator Performance Improvement FT/40HRS
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
490A West Zia Rd
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Share This Job On
Apply Now Policy Coordinator Performance Improvement FT/40HRS Job in Santa Fe
The Policy Coordinator (PC) is responsible for managing the policy approval and renewal process at CHRISTUS St. Vincent (CSV), and for maintaining the internal policy website including archiving old policies and keeping the site current with new policies. The PC is the point of contact for new policies being developed and policies that need modifications. The PC assists managers and directors in ensuring policies are collaboratively reviewed by any departments affected by the policies. The PC may be asked to research and suggest best practices for policies. In addition, the policy coordinator will provide oversight of the forms and protocols section of the Vintranet. The PC will participate in the clinical protocol (CPC) committee. The PC is responsible for communicating with the Accreditation/Patient Safety Manager on a regular basis. The PC may be asked to participate in readiness and regulatory activities as needed.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree, with a preference for a degree in Nursing or other healthcare related field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Packages (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Pro
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with policy owners
- Ability to quickly grasp complex policy issues and communicate issues to stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload
- Ability to work on own
- Excellent time management skills
- Fluent in English
- Good conflict resolution skills
- Project management skills, highly desired
EXPERIENCE: One year of experience in a healthcare setting is strongly desired.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Accreditation and Patient Safety Manager
-Blood borne pathogen: A
Works in a clean, well-lighted, ventilated smoke-free environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to move around CSV facilities andto all hospital units/departments. Extensive use of a computer for required applications. Requires close work, good vision, and dexterity to write as well as type. Requires the ability to speak, listen, develop, and communicate written materials. Requires the ability to lift at least 20 lbs.