5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Physician Contracting Specialist
CHRISTUS System Office
No Travel Applicable
CHRISTUS Corp Physician Group Admin Hidden Ridge Buildings
Share This Job On
Physician Contracting Specialist Job in Irving
A professional who coordinates the request, approval and execution process of Physician employment or contractor agreements and amendments for Christus Health. Associate also coordinates the request, approval and execution process of Advanced Practice Clinician (APC) Offer Letters. Associate will work closely with the Director, Physician Contracting to assure that agreements are delivered on a timely basis while assuring compliance with all Policies and Procedures. Associate will work closely with the Physician Compensation team to ensure compliance with compensation standards. Associate will work with legal counsel to develop all employment agreements. Associate must be able to interact with multiple layers of the organization while maintaining confidentiality.
- Drafts offer letters and agreements in coordination with the Physician Recruitment and Physician Compensation teams for Physicians and APC candidates. Facilitates review process according to current policies and procedures.
- Coordinates execution of agreements. Scans, uploads, and files agreements into Contract Management System and alerts interested parties.
- Archives as appropriate, centralize contracts and standardizes processes.
- Assists Director with contract review, including referrals for review by Corporate Legal departments.
- Facilitates contract amendment and renewal processes.
- Assures compliance with Policies and Procedures.
- Works with Recruitment Department and Ministry Leadership to keep them informed of physician employment negotiations. Participates in routine status meetings.
- Maintains current knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements related to physician contracts.
- Maintains comprehensive database of Physician and APC contractual elements
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare/Business Administration or related field with courses in Healthcare, Finance, Accounting, Statistical Analysis and other business related courses is required
- Minimum of 3 years healthcare experience, with physician contracting background preferred.
- Must have good working knowledge of Microsoft software.
- Experience with employment contracts and employment law is a plus.