Pharmacy Tech Lead
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
TMFHS TYR Mother Frances Hosp-38000
800 E. Dawson
Tyler, TX 75701
Share This Job On
Apply Now Pharmacy Tech Lead Job in Tyler
Pharmacy technicians assist pharmacists in preparing and distributing drugs, maintaining the drug inventory, and maintenance of records. The Lead Pharmacy Technician shall be proficient in performing all duties and responsibilities as a Pharmacy Technician II in order to qualify for the Lead Pharmacy Technician position. The Lead Pharmacy Technician shall assist the Operations Manager in the supervision and coordination of the day to day operational affairs of the pharmacy. This position will be involved with the educational and professional development of the pharmacy staff. The Lead Pharmacy Technician will participate in recruitment and interviewing of technician candidates and will provide informal feedback to Pharmacy Management on performance of pharmacy technicians for performance appraisal. The Lead Pharmacy Technician will assist with development of the technician schedule and assigns work task per management direction. Technicians provide support to Mother Frances Hospital pharmacy under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist. They do not perform duties that can legally be performed only by a registered pharmacist.
- Current Texas State Board of Pharmacy technician registration
- IV certification
- Basic Life Support Certified
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must pass Mother Frances Hospital Pharmacy Technician Competencies, including; medical terminology and abbreviations; pharmaceutical terms and drug names (generic and trade); mathematics sufficient to compute dosages and rate of drug use; metric system, weights and volume; record keeping for documentation and inventory purposes.
- Lead Pharmacy Technician must show a skilled aptitude from being a Pharmacy Tech II
- Must demonstrate a high level of leadership skills