Responsible for assisting the pharmacists in pharmaceutical preparation, distribution and the record keeping functions in the delivery of pharmaceutical supplies to patients in accordance with department policies and procedures. Assists in control and accountability for all medications in the hospital including aspects of inventory control such as medication ordering. Perform system maintenance and basic trouble shooting for pharmacy operating systems such as Pyxis. Provides assistance to nursing staff with ADC questions/problems.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent is required.
- Technician training program completion is preferred.
- Two (2) years previous experience in hospital pharmacy setting is preferred.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Registration with Texas State Board of Pharmacy required.
- ACPE Sterile Process and Aseptic Skill Certification if required.