Pharmacy Tech I Cert/Reg
CHRISTUS Southeast Texas
CHRISTUS St Elizabeth-00600
2830 Calder Ave
Beaumont, TX 77702
Share This Job On
Apply Now Pharmacy Tech I Cert/Reg Job in Beaumont
Assists the Pharmacists in dispensing functions in several areas of the pharmacy, processes new orders in the inpatient area, assists in scheduling and admixing IV's, replenishes medications in patient cassettes, process admissions, transfers and discharges, prepacks medications, and replaces stock.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Formal Pharmacy Technician training course preferred. Have knowledge of controlled substance dispensing, general billing process, IV admixture certified or trained, cassette filling, physician order processing, order entry and must know categories of medications.
- Must be able to consistently complete workloads in all areas of pharmacy.
- Prefer experience as hospital pharmacy technician or evidence of satisfactory completion of a formal hospital training program including advanced IV and chemo training.
- Current certification as a Pharmacy Technician with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy.