Pharmacy Manager - Pharmacy Job in Beeville
The Pharmacy Manager will manage pharmacy distributive services, facilitate drug utilization initiatives, integrate clinical pharmacy programs, oversee pharmacy information systems, advance medication safety, and assure regulatory compliance. The also directly manage the activities of pharmacists and technicians and are actively involved in their areas of oversight to assure pharmacy staff remain competent and engaged in customer service, standardized work, and lean processes.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Beeville is designated by the Texas Department of Health as a Level IV Trauma Center, providing 24-hour emergency and intensive care services for critically ill or injured patients, and stabilizing some 16,500 patients in the ER each year. CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Beeville is licensed for 69 beds and offers Emergency Services, Intensive Care, Medical Surgical Services, Obstetrics, Surgical Services, Critical Care, and Rehabilitation Services. The hospital has three operating rooms; eight same-day surgery rooms; two endoscopy rooms; an expanded recovery area; new cardiopulmonary service area and an expanded outpatient services wing. Women’s Services includes nine birthing suites and a full-service nursery, with access to a level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Beeville, Texas is centrally located between the Texas Hill Country and the Gulf Coast, comprised of small local flare, various eateries, a local community college and small-town hospitality.
At CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Beeville, we respect what each individual brings to our faith-based mission of healing, and to our commitment to provide the very finest health care. Your background, your skills and your personality are welcome here. We have a supportive environment where quality of work and quality of life are in balance.
- Graduate from an accredited Pharmacy Program.
- Knowledge of contemporary hospital/clinical practice and service.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with general hospital operations and regulatory compliance.
- Knowledge of computers (word processing etc.), technology, and automation systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact constructively with supervisors, peers, and support personnel.
- Ability to define departmental or program problems/needs and associated solutions.
- Ability to integrate clinical and distributive pharmacy services with quality improvement, teaching, research, and professional development activities.
- Teaching and precepting skills and expertise in experiential training. Project and change management skills.
- Personal leadership qualities and business acumen essential to operate effectively within the institution and advance the profession and practice of pharmacy
- Clinical, operational, and administrative experience 5-7 years in a hospital setting
- Pharmacy leadership experience required, with formal leadership training or supervisory experience preferred.
- Completion of ASHP accredited PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice preferred.
- Pharmacist License from the Texas State Board of Pharmacy, (RPh)