CHRISTUS Central Louisiana/St. Frances Cabrini
CHRISTUS St Frances Cabrini-40100
3330 Masonic Dr
Alexandria, LA 71301
Share This Job On
Apply Now Pharmacist PRN Job in Alexandria
The Staff Pharmacist shall provide the necessary pharmaceutical services needed to facilitate the physician in the treatment of the patient. Such services shall include medication dispensing, monitoring drug regimens including food/drug and adverse interactions, consulting with physicians concerning drug therapy, patient counseling and any other expectation of licensed pharmacist within the State of Lousiana.
In addition, the pharmacist shall be responsible for managing technicians, for assuming management responsibilities of the department in the absence of Manager, managing inventory, and for supporting cost containment programs. Providing services to patients of all ages at a high competency level.
Action Oriented -- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
Collaborate -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Interprets and fills physician prescriptions accurately and timely.
- Checks for allergies, interactions, duplications, and appropriate dosing.
- Confers with the physician when questions about medication orders arise.
- Makes therapeutic substitutions as approved by MEC.
- Verifies prescriptions are filled accurately with the appropriate drug, label, and drug information.
- Validates patient eligibility for various programs (i.e PAP, 340b, etc.).
- Follows all Board of Pharmacy prescription requirements
- Assists in maintaining and compliance with 340b patient eligibility and inventory requirements
- Complies with all DEA requirements
- Manages patient dosing for patients referred to the Coumadin Clinic
- Makes appropriate recommendations concerning drug levels and dosing based on INR.
- Assists with appropriate maintenance of drug and supply inventory.
- Assists with appropriate management of human resources by insuring productivity and flexing according to guidelines.
- Assists in training of new staff members.
- Directs the work of the technicians to maximize efficiency and productivity of the pharmacy
- Practices standard precautions in patient care activities.
- Uses proper procedure in hand washing.
- Maintains a current Louisiana pharmacist license.
- Completes pharmacy annual competency checklist.
- Maintains security for control drugs.
- Maintains documents required by Louisiana Board of Pharmacy, DEA, FDA, JCAHO, OSHA, and other regulating agencies.
- Practicing pharmacy experience. Knowledge of insurance and 340b beneficial
- Two years retail pharmacy experience preferred.
- Licensed by the Louisiana Board of Pharmacy in good standing.