Evenings 7-12 hr shifts pay pe
CHRISTUS Central Louisiana/St. Frances Cabrini
CHRISTUS St Frances Cabrini-40100
3330 Masonic Dr
Alexandria, LA 71301
Share This Job On
Apply Now Pharmacist Job in Alexandria
The Staff Pharmacist shall provide the necessary pharmaceutical services needed to facilitate the physician in the treatment of the patient. Such services shall include medication and IV dispensing, monitoring drug regimens including food/drug and adverse interactions, consulting with physicians and nursing staff concerning drug therapy, preparation of sterile admixtures, preparation of cytotoxic agents, and providing assistance during "Code Blue" codes. In addition, the pharmacist shall be responsible for managing technicians, for assuming management responsibilities of the department in the absence of Pharmacy Manager or Director, for managing inventory, and for supporting cost containment programs. Providing services to patients of all ages at a high competency level.
Action Oriented -- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
Collaborate -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Interprets and fills physician orders accurately and timely.
- Checks for allergies, interactions, duplications, and appropriate dosing.
- Confers with nursing and/or the physician when questions about medication orders arise.
- Makes appropriate recommendations and documents as a pharmacist intervention.
- Performs pharmacokinetics and protocol responsibilities.
- Participates in codes.
- Participates in performance improvement and drug utilization evaluations.
- Participates in all clinical programs.
- Makes appropriate recommendations concerning drug levels and dosing based on creatinine clearance.
- Manages patient parenteral nutrition therapy through approved protocols.
- Training in clinical pharmacy, IV compounding & hospital pharmacy perferred.
- 2 years pharmacy practice preferred. At least one year hospital pharmacy experience desired.
- Licensed by the Louisiana Board of Pharmacy in good standing