PFS Team Lead- Commercial Collections
CHRISTUS System Office
Patient Financial Services
CORP Revenue Cycle Business-55600
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
Share This Job On
Apply Now PFS Team Lead- Commercial Collections Job in Irving
The Team Lead must demonstrate a consistently high degree of proficiency in their primary position within Patient Financial Services Department of CHRISTUS Health. The Team Lead is responsible for a variety of activities in the department. The primary purpose of this position is to allow for professional growth and development within the organization, while applying one's expertise and knowledge within the unit. The position provides opportunities to increase one's scope of responsibility within the PFS Department. The position works in a cooperative team environment to provide value to internal and external customers, works in partnership with the management team and serves as a resource for innovation, staff support and process improvements. In addition to being able to perform the job duties as outlined in the job description of their primary role, a Team Lead must be able to meet the accountabilities outlined below.
The Team Lead carries out his/her duties by adhering to the highest standards of ethical and moral conduct, acts in the best interest of CHRISTUS Health and fully supports CHRISTUS Health's core values of Dignity, Integrity, Compassion, Excellence and Stewardship.CORE COMPETENCIES
Ethics and Values - Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches.
Creativity - Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with the customers in mind; established and maintains effective relationships with customers and garnishes their trust and respect.
Decision Quality - Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
Drive for Results - Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line orientated; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Peer Relationships - Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
Priority Setting - Spends his/her time and the time of others on what's important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- HS Diploma or equivalency required
- Post HS education preferred
- Three (3) years of experience and working knowledge of primary position within PFS preferred. Strong candidates, with supervisor/manager recommendation, may be fast tracked to a Team Lead position prior to reaching the 3 year experience requirement based on consistent display of qualities listed above.
- Achieve a standard score of 3.20 or higher on annual performance evaluation as well as exceeding standards on Quality Assurance (QA) reviews and Productivity standards.
- Experience calculating expected reimbursement according to payer regulations and/or contracts
- In-depth knowledge and ability to maneuver efficiently through Patient Accounting Systems, Document Imaging, Databases, etc. Strong understanding of systems from an end-user and processing perspective.
- Good technical aptitude working with a variety of MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and/or ability to learn and develop more advance skills with the various applications.
- Ability to train new staff in all areas as needed and provide source of knowledge for staff inquiries.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively and efficiently articulate ideas to team members and management in a timely manner.
- Good understanding of the various areas of government, non-government programs, billing, customer service and cash applications.
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment focused on meeting organization goals and objectives required.
- General hospital A/R accounts knowledge is required.
- College education, previous Insurance Company claims experience and/or health care billing trade school education may be considered in lieu of formal hospital experience.
- Understanding of alternative Business Office financial resources and the ability to provide information and/or recommendations related to these sources of recovery are preferred.