PFS Associate Lead
CHRISTUS System Office
CORP Revenue Cycle Business-55600
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
Share This Job On
Apply Now PFS Associate Lead Job in Irving
The Team Lead must demonstrate a consistently high degree of proficiency in their primary position within Patient Financial Services Department of CHRISTUS Health. The Team Lead is responsible for a variety of activities in the department. The primary purpose of this position is to allow for professional growth and development within the organization, while applying one's expertise and knowledge within the unit. The position provides opportunities to increase one's scope of responsibility within the PFS Department. The position works in a cooperative team environment to provide value to internal and external customers, works in partnership with the management team and serves as a resource for innovation, staff support and process improvements. In addition to being able to perform the job duties as outlined in the job description of their primary role, a Team Lead must be able to meet the accountabilities outlined below.
The Team Lead carries out his/her duties by adhering to the highest standards of ethical and moral conduct, acts in the best interest of CHRISTUS Health and fully supports CHRISTUS Health's core values of Dignity, Integrity, Compassion, Excellence and Stewardship.MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- HS Diploma or equivalency required
- Post HS education preferred
- Three (3) years of experience and working knowledge of primary position within PFS preferred. Strong candidates, with supervisor/manager recommendation, may be fast tracked to a Team Lead position prior to reaching the 3 year experience requirement based on consistent display of qualities listed above.
- Achieve a standard score of 3.20 or higher on annual performance evaluation as well as exceeding standards on Quality Assurance (QA) reviews and Productivity standards.
- Experience calculating expected reimbursement according to payer regulations and/or contracts
- In-depth knowledge and ability to maneuver efficiently through Patient Accounting Systems, Document Imaging, Databases, etc. Strong understanding of systems from an end-user and processing perspective.
- Good technical aptitude working with a variety of MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and/or ability to learn and develop more advance skills with the various applications.
- Ability to train new staff in all areas as needed and provide source of knowledge for staff inquiries.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively and efficiently articulate ideas to team members and management in a timely manner.
- Good understanding of the various areas of government, non-government programs, billing, customer service and cash applications.
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment focused on meeting organization goals and objectives required.
- General hospital A/R accounts knowledge is required.
- College education, previous Insurance Company claims experience and/or health care billing trade school education may be considered in lieu of formal hospital experience.
- Understanding of alternativeBusiness Office financial resources and the ability to provide information and/or recommendations related to these sources of recovery are preferred.