PFS Associate IV - Medicare Collector
CHRISTUS System Office
Patient Financial Services
CORP Revenue Cycle Business-55600
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
Share This Job On
Apply Now PFS Associate IV - Medicare Collector Job in Irving
- Must have minimum of 2 years experience in any of the following: Medicare, Medicaid and/or Commercial Insurance billing, collections, payment and reimbursement verification and/or refunds.
- Understanding of alternative Business Office financial resources and the ability to provide information and/or recommendations related to these sources of recovery are preferred.
- General hospital A/R accounts knowledge is required.
- College education, previous Insurance Company claims experience and/or health care billing trade school education may be considered in lieu of formal hospital experience.
B. Education and Training:
- HS Diploma or equivalency required
- Post HS education preferred
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills in order to present and explain information to internal and external customers.
- Ability to write letters.
- Must have practical experience with Word, Excel, Adobe applications.
- Must have ability to make independent decisions that are generally guided by established procedures.
- Must have a desire to learn ethical and compliant business practices.
- Must be able to handle sensitive, stressful and confidential situations and account information.
- Must have excellent keyboarding and 10-key skill-set.
- Must have knowledge to perform functions requiring the use of the internet.
- Willingness and ability to learn new tasks.
- Experience with the Medicare billing process -- what claims can be rebilled online vs doing a redetermination
- Understanding of Medicare language
- At least five years of experience billing, collecting and validating Medicare payment
- Understanding of how and when to bill Medicare as secondary
- Understanding of Medicare Dialysis billing
- How to read the information in the Common Working File -- HMO coverage, Hospice dates, COB screens etc.
- Hand's on experience with Medicare Remote -- DDE
- Understanding of and exposure to Medicare Recovery Audit Contractor
- Hand's on experience with working Medicare Status Locations (ex: RTP, Denied, Suspense)
- Experience with compiling both Redeterminations and Reopening's of Medicare claims
- Knowledgeable in locating and referencing CMS and/or Medicare Regulations
D. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications: