Apply Now Patient Transporter - Central Transport - PRN Job in Corpus Christi
In order to move patient to and/or from admitting, the emergency department, multiple procedural locations, bed units, and to the discharge lounge, the transporter is key for safe, timely, and efficient movement of patients throughout the acute care setting. This position will support nurses and ancillary staff in carrying out physician orders. This position is responsible for managing each patient experience to assure the safety and comfort of all patients entrusted to their care. Included in the safety of the patient is maintaining a hygienically clean transport aid in good mechanical condition. In addition to transporting patients, the incumbent will provide courier service within the hospital system to retrieve medical records and other materials/information necessary for the care of the patient.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Optimal strength to turn, move, and assist ambulation of acute care patients.
- Basic knowledge of body mechanics.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Weight training, including core strength
- Assisting handicapped or seriously ill patients with mobility issues, such as transferring from bed to wheelchair with or without a gate belt or other mobility assistance.
- Demonstrated positive customer service interactions and willingness to adapt to unique situations as needed to best serve the needs of patients.
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and work collaboratively with a variety of personalities and clinical disciplines.
- Demonstrated professional attitude when dealing with patients and all Associates.
- CPR (American Heart Association
- Patient Care Certification preferred.
Per Diem As Needed