CHRISTUS Central Louisiana/St. Frances Cabrini
Nursing & Nursing Support
CHRISTUS St Frances Cabrini-40100
3330 Masonic Dr
Alexandria, LA 71301
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Sitter Job in Alexandria
The Patient Sitter supports nursing personnel by providing preventive measures that may be required to ensure patient safety. The primary role of the Patient Sitter is to assist the clinical staff with non-combative/high-risk patients and to observe the patient to reduce the risk of potential harm that might occur if the patient were left unattended. The Patient Sitter will be qualified to attend to basic patient care needs and will perform duties as indicated by the responsibilities outlined in this job description while under the direct supervision of the Unit Charge Nurse. The Patient Sitter will be trained in the delivery of age appropriate care as per hospital policy. He/she will perform assigned tasks in accordance with the hospital's philosophy, values, standards, policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; English required.
- 1 year minimum healthcare experience preferred.
- Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- De-escalation certification