Patient Financial Representative
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Financial Representative Job in Irving
The associate is responsible for the duties and services that are of a support nature to the Revenue Cycle division of CHRISTUS Health. The associate ensures that all processes are performed in a timely and efficient manner. The primary purpose of this position is to perform tasks that support account resolution and reconciliation of outstanding balances for CHRISTUS Health patient accounts. The position works in a cooperative team environment to provide value to internal and external customers.
The associate carries out his/her duties by adhering to the highest standards of ethical and moral conduct, acts in the best interest of CHRISTUS Health and fully supports CHRISTUS Health's Mission, Philosophy and core values of Dignity, Integrity, Compassion, Excellence and Stewardship.
- Performs Revenue Cycle functions in a manner that meets or exceeds CHRISTUS Health key performance metrics.
- Ensures PFS departmental quality and productivity standards are met.
- Responsible for professional and effective written and verbal communication with both internal and external customers in order to resolve outstanding for account resolution.
- Manages and maintains patient and payor information to facilitate account resolution.
- Responds to all types of account inquires through written, verbal or electronic correspondence.
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of all functions within Revenue Cycle.
- Meets or exceeds customer expectations and requirements, and gains customer trust and respect.
- Compliant with all CHRISTUS Health, payer and government regulations.
- Appropriately documents patient accounting host system or other systems utilized by PFS in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Provides continuous updates and information to PFS Leadership Team regarding errors, issues, and trends related to activities affecting productivity, reimbursement, payment delays, and/or patient experience.
Role Specific Responsibilities: Assembly
- Completes requests for supporting documentation related to account resolution, audits and other requests and ensures delivery to appropriate party.
- Perform support services for departmental Associates such as faxing of documents, copying, printing of forms, data entry and reception relief.
- Performs mail retrieval, sorting, distribution and inter-facility delivery duties for all Business Office Associates.
- Performs scanning and electronic upload of documents.
- HS Diploma or equivalency required
- Post HS education preferred
- Prefers 2 years’ experience in a customer service or support in a related field.
- General hospital A/R accounts knowledge is preferred.
- College education, previous Insurance Company claims experience and/or health care billing trade school education may be considered in lieu of formal hospital experience.
- Professional and effective written and verbal communication required.