May work in a specialized area (ICU, Critical Care Unit). Must be able to perform additional clinical procedures (phlebotomy, EKG, other diagnostic procedures). May be specialized to perform some clinical treatments that the CNA or NA cannot do. Supervised by professional nurse/Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certificate of completion from an approved Nurse Assistant training program or two (2) years prior experience as Nurse Assistant in another health care facility or proof of acceptance into an approved LVN program.
- Six (6) months prior Certified Nursing experience in a hospital preferred.
- AHA BLS certification within two (2) weeks of employment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with patients, families, and medical staff both verbally and written.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Southeast Texas Health System family!