Patient Account Rep II
CHRISTUS Physician Group/Ambulatory
CPG Pineville-Holton & Gallahe-476DQ
2812 Hwy 28 East
Pineville, LA 71360
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Account Rep II Job in Pineville
The Patient Account Representative is responsible for the accurate and timely billing and collecting of physician services.CORE COMPETENCIES Ensures accountability- Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments. Communicates effectively- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences. Manages conflict- Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise. Drives results- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances. Business insight- Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals. Builds effective teams- Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals. Develops talent - Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization's goals. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- High school diploma or equivalent; college course work a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of CPT, HCPCS and ICD-9 coding principles in a multi-specialty physician practice.
- Thorough understanding of government and commercial payer guidelines as well as reimbursement methodologies.
- Ability to successfully perform all aspects of the physician billing cycle including initial claim submission, payer rejection resolution, denial follow-up, secondary appeal and refund processing.
- Advanced understanding of medical terminology.
- Ability to operate telephone, computer, copier, fax machine and 10-key calculator by touch.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Minimum three years of physician billing experience.