Patient Account Rep 1- Community Health
ALT St. Michael Glenwood Bldg-15107
1400 College Drive
Texarkana, TX 75503
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Account Rep 1- Community Health Job in Texarkana
This position is PRN: as needed (no set shift/schedule). This is a temporary only position.
Performs all functions necessary to accomplish accurate billing of patient hospital accounts. Ensures compliance rules and regulations are followed for billing Medicare and/or Medicaid claims as assigned. Identifies issues and notifies managements of pending problems with claims submission, RTPs, daily downloads or backlog issues affecting timely reimbursement. Works with other departments to resolve issues which impact billing.
- Basic understanding and application of M/S word, Excel and Internet Search capabilities.
- Be able to type and operate a ten-key adding machine by touch.
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written.
- One or more years of government and non-government billing experience in a business or hospital setting preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be familiar with Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care and Commercial Insurance guidelines.