This is a PRN position.
Pateint Access representatives facilitate a welcome and easy access to the facility and are responsible for establishing an encounter for any patient who meets the guidelines for hospital service. Patient Access staff ensures that all data entry is accurate including demographic and financial information for each account. Patient Access has numerous procedural requirements including data elements, insurance verification, authorization for services, and collections for all patient portions including prio balances. Patient Access staff is responsible for the successful financial outcome of all patient services. Patient Access communictes directly with patients and families, physicians, nurses, insurance companies and third party payers. This position requires professional appearance, behavior, and good communication skills. Patient Access Reprsentatives need to know Microsoft Office in order to read and complete spreadsheets for tracking or auditing purposes. Patient Access Representatives may be asked to help with certain task including but not excluded to ocompleting and submitting charity applications, credentialing, working errors, workman's comp reporting, Environment of Care Review Tool, identifying missing payments, working with visiting physicians and other tasks to help the associate's individual growth. (**Facility specific functions performed by Patient Access to be determined locally)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Successful completion of the core educational curriculum "Excellence at the Front End" required within one year of employment.
- Ability to type 45 wpm preferred.
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions and perform repetitious tasks
- Computer/basic keyboard skills, telephone skills, and general knowledge of office machines including printers, fax, copier, scanner, and credit card machines preferred.
- Interpret and analyze data.
- Ability to read, comprehend and retain information.
- Perform mathematical calculations proficiently.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology preferred.
- One year of practice in hospital registration or a comparable position preferred.