7AM - 7PM
Patient Access Representative - HPG Quick Care Clinic
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Memorial
2606 Hospital Blvd
Corpus Christi, TX 78405
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Access Representative - HPG Quick Care Clinic Job in Corpus Christi
Patient Access Representative will facilitate a welcome and courteous environment, while establishing a positive encounter with any patient who is in need of services. Patient Access staff ensures that all data entry is accurate including procedural requirements, data elements, insurance verification, authorization for services, demographic and financial information for each account. Responsible for the successful financial outcome of all patient services to include collections for all patient portions including prior balances. Communicate effectively with patients and families, physicians, nurses, insurance companies and third party payers.
The Dr. Hector P. Garcia Memorial Family Health Center will serve families on nights and weekends; offer specialty clinics, laboratory and imaging services; a pharmacy with interior and drive-through access, and more. The Health Center also will offer a Quick Care Clinic, featuring 24-hour access Thursdays through Sundays.
This new center will serve as a medical home for thousands of South Texas, as we continue the healing legacy of Dr. Hector P. Garcia and the CHRISTUS Spohn mission of extending the healing ministry of Jesus Christ.
Programs and Services
State-of-the-Art Primary Care Health Center
Wellness, Prevention and Education
H-E-B Education Resource Center
Memorial Quick Care Walk-in Clinic (for Flu, Cough, cold, congestion, Minor burns, cuts, wounds, Bladder infection, Fever, Allergies, Headaches, Stomach issues, Ear aches, Sinuses, Lab, X-ray and ultrasound)
Drive-Through Pharmacy Services, Benefits Resource Counselors, Nueces County Hospital District Enrollment Services
Care Transition Counselors, Specialty Clinics for Nueces Aid Beneficiaries: Cardiac, Neurology, Urology, Gynecology, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Orthopedics, Chronic Condition Management e.g. Diabetes, Heart Failure
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills with various software programs, such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and other department specific programs
- Perform Mathematical calculations proficiently.
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions and perform repetitious tasks.
- Must be able to type 45 wpm.
- Must be able to interpret and analyze data.
- Computer basic keyboard skills, telephone skills and general knowledge of office machines including printers, copier, scanner, and credit card machines required.
- One year of experience in hospital registration or comparable position preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Knowledge if basic medical terminology preferred.