Registers patients for out-patient, emergency room, or in-patient services. Coordinates activities with ancillary departments as necessary. Calculates charges, verifies insurance, and collects deposits as necessary. Prepares appropriate documents.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent. Prefer candidate with an Associate's degree in Medical Office Management or similar field.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 1 year of experience working in an office setting. Prefer experience in a medical office environment. Also prefer candidate with 1-2 years of experience with health insurance.
- Prefer candidate with a strong knowledge in medical terminology.
- Must be comfortable using a computer and have basic typing and computer skills (data entry, word processing and 10 key).
- Candidate must be self-motivated, self-directed and dependable. Must have excellent customer service and strong problem-solving and organizational skills.